My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Friday, December 16, 2011

Vacation all I ever wanted...

So I left on a Monday and came back on a Monday. Now my kids are convinced I am going to leave this Monday. I keep trying to convince them that I will not be going anywhere for quite some time. I am all vacationed out for now, budget wise at least! So every day another one will ask me, "You go on Monday?" and again I have to tell them no, I stay, every Monday for a long time. But really, what is a long time to a 4 year old? A week is an interminable time when you are waiting for something you really want. Or how about a night? I remember Christmas Eve's that seemed to last for at least 700 hours! 

So for now, I will have to bide my time until enough Mondays have past for them to understand that I am here for a good little stretch of time. One way that I have discovered will set them on another track is to tell them that my daughter, Emily, may be coming in the Spring. To which they then want to know when my boy, Nikolas, will be coming. Everyone here loves Nikolas. Now to work on getting his passport and setting aside some money for a plane ticket. 

All for now, come back later for tales of my yoga antics with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment