My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Answered prayers

Literally, hugs and kisses to all of you who have, through thick and thin, supported me in even the smallest measure. And praise be to the Lord Almighty without whom I would be nothing! 


I am in absolute awe of the miracles I have been a part of. I will, for the rest of my life, look back on my experience in Haiti and know, unequivicably, that this is where the rubber meets the ashpalt, faith-wise. I came here with so many expectations that soon were modified in the most negative of ways. I had serious lapses in my faith and even had to seriously consider the salience of my choice to come down here. 

In the last 5 days I have had to really evaluate my reasons for doing this, and now am so much firmer in my conviction that the choice to give up a year in my life was not really my own. There is nothing I am doing down here that is for my benefit alone, and yet, everything I am doing is for my benefit. 

I have grown so much as a person since I have been here. I just don't even know how to begin to describe the personal growing pains I have been through since moving down here. 

You just can't make this stuff up! 

Anyhoo, I will sit down and try to put this experience into some media or another when I finally figure out which media is my voice when all the dust settles on this journey of discovery. 

Till then, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment