My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catching Up

Well it looks like I owe you a post or two or three! I got a Kindle a week ago and have been raptly catching up on my leisure reading. I was "loaned" a few books from friends and since the "loans" are only good for 14 days I felt like I needed to really charge thru. So far I have read books one and two of the Hunger Games and am 38% of the way thru book three. Also I read Water For Elephants (and then felt the need to watch the movie!) I am always a little disappointed in how much a story is changed when transferredd to celluloid. It seems like some of the most important elements are removed to make room for the titillating stuff that draws audiences. I think this is what I like most about Indie flicks. They don't pander to the lowest common denominator.

Anyhoo, I am headed out in the morning for a 3 day trip. Number one son and I are going white water rafting. This means I will probably not be catching up on my posts until this weekend. I apologize and promise to get cracking upon my return!

stay tuned for the final leg of my first trip down there...

No comments:

Post a Comment