My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Move Date

So I finally have a confirmed move date, for now. Sigh. This assignment will surely be a life changing opportunity in more ways than I can count. Any body that knows me knows that I thrive on being on top of things. I am a do-er, not a watcher. If you give me a job to do, you generally don't need to come back to see if I am a) doing the job or 2) doing it correctly because I generally 1) do it ASAP and b) get it done better and more efficiently than you expected.

Maybe this is a side-effect of all of my military training, or perhaps related to my OCD and Type A personality combined, who knows. The point is, all of this "not being in charge" "not being in control" "waiting for the stars to align" will be a growth opportunity for me to learn to be more patient and accomodating of the way the rest of the world operates!

Anyhoo, my move date is August 8th. Between now and then I will be spending as much time doing the things I enjoy with the people I enjoy spending time with. Hopefully I will make it to the 8th with all of my hair still attached!

Stay tuned for a message from our sponsors:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XD_UQHPOCTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment