My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mwen yo te rive ( I have arrived)

Oy! What was it that guy Murphy was wont to say from time to time? Something about things going wrong, blah, blah, blah...I think Murphy may have spent time in Haiti!

Day four and I'm still gettnig my bearings. The kids are enjoying the many gifts that were provided by so many of you that I will need to run a seperate post for the thank yous...suffice it to say, the toe shaped flip flops were a huge success, so if any of you Chamber ladies are reading this, we need several more pairs of the size M and L and XL of the toe shaped ones, and several more pairs of the adult sizes of each size. I was suprized to realize how large the older girls feet were. It didn't seem so when I was here last, but then again I'm not sure I was really pauying particular attention to that.

So, here's what I've learned so far: You can never drink too much water; you can never wear too much bug spray, and wicking fabrics are a chubby girls best friend.

Take care and keep checking back. My access to the computer is limited so I'll catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment