My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Monday, November 14, 2011

School Daze, School Daze, Dear old Golden Rule Days


So, today begins our 3rd week in the new school. I am amazed at the progress so far, both from our students, and from our Haitian staff. The cornucopia of Montessori materials that were brought have taken the English lessons to a whole new level. No wonder these programs are so awesome! Aside from a few kids that have some developmental or behavioral issues, all of the kids are really enjoying the access to these resources.


This week we will attempt finger paint for the first time. I'm a little trepidatious, but the kids have really taken to the new format well. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 



I'd love to show some snapshots and video of the kids in action but I accidentally left my camera battery charger in Michigan and won't be able to get it back until December when I meet Nik at Universal studios! 


Thinks we could use more of:


tissue paper squares (for art projects)
board books for preschool and kindergarten
old long sleeved shirts for paint smocks
chalk and chalkboard erasers
pencil boxes


Check out myFOXdetroit for the news coverage of the construction and grand opening of the school


http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/progress-at-the-have-faith-haiti-mission-20111102-ms


http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/have-faith-haiti-mission-school-opens-20111104-ms#.TrUkywE8UOo.facebook


Stay tuned for more from our sponsors!

No comments:

Post a Comment