My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Monday, February 20, 2012

Carnival Nationale



This will be an interesting week if it plays out the way I hope it does. 


Our older kids that go to Haitian schools have the whole week off as the island buzzes with Kanival celebrations. 


Our little ones that take school here on the grounds only have Tuesday off. :(


Because of this, I was unable to travel to see Kanival in all it's splendor. 


A friend has offered to let us ride with him as he delivers a car to aux Cayes (Les Cayes) just for the day. Aux Cayes is where the "official" Carnival Nationale celebration takes place. 


Meanwhile, the kids are prancing around the yard singing, "Say nan kugran m'pran" = It's the spark I take - roughly translated - I am the body electric!


Happy Mardi Gras to my American friends and family!





No comments:

Post a Comment