My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mi Vida Loca

So, yesterday one of our neighbors' hens got in our yard. I didn't want to make a big deal of it before the kids got into their classrooms so I pretended not to see it. But once I got all of our blue shirts (preschoolers) and red shirts (primaries) into their respective rooms, it was on like Donkey Kong! 


So, I tell the guard at the gate, Mr. Germain, to open the walk-thru and try to head her off on the right flank while I came at her from the left. 


Well, the readers' digest version is, I got at least a mile run in at the beginning of my day. That little chick ran this way, that way, and then the other way again. She ran in the chapel, out the side door, back in the side door, through the yard, back into the chapel...you get the idea!


Crazy days!


Today I taught myself how to drill through tile. Yeah, my days are carazee! lol


Also, I got to make some mini-mes for our My Body series: 


what's under there, we do not share!
the parts you see there are okay to share
yes, those are granny panties!
 
don't judge my fashion sense, there are only so many colors of
construction paper available! And don't look too closely
at those fingers.  I'm a teacher, not an artist! lol

Okay, that's all for now. I need a glass of wine and a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment