My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Top 5 Reasons I Know I'm Getting Used to Haiti

#5  I don't wince in the shower any more. I am actually enjoying the briskness of the cold showers

#4  It no longer phases me that fine dining establishment don't have running water. I now carry TP and hand sanitizer whenever I go out.

#3  I  don't break a sweat just thinking about moving my body. I have to actually do something to get all sweat and gritty.

#2  I am starting to know the shortcuts to get around.

And the number 1 reason I know I am getting used to Haiti
(drum roll please...)

I walked aroumd the entire day with a popcorn husk stuck in my bra and didnt find out till i got in the shower!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Michele,


    I am Erika from TravelerVoice, a new social network for travel bloggers.

    I just found your blog and I really like how you described your stories in Haiti with assertive comments, especially this post, the number 5 is quite challenging :)

    Anyway as your blog is exactly the kind of writing we are looking for our Living abroad section, please feel free to register :)

    I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

    Cheers,
    Erika.

    www.travelervoice.com

    ReplyDelete