My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Welcome Home!

So, I arrived back home with little issue. My boy child dropped me at the airport in the wee early hours. I bawled my eyes out. I can't believe what a fine young man he's turning into. None of my worst fears have been realized. A quick coffee and muffin for breakfast started my trip. I ate in a lovely little wine shoppe/bistro in Miami airport. it felt truly decadent to be drinking a cab/sauv at 10:30 in the morning, but what the heck, life is too dang short!

I had to share theairport with Martelly, the current president of Haiti. It's no lie when they teas my Hatin son and call him "ti Martelly". He literally looks loke a 9 year old version
 of the man himself.

So, bad news first: not four hours after arriving back at my second home, some little bastard reached thru the half-opened window of our van and snatched my blackberry from my hands. I don't even want to discuss it. I should not have let my guard down. I was way too chill feeling all secure with my comforts here in this third-world country. Lesson learned the hard way usually stays longer.

On a more positive note, finally drove! At first I offered to park the van so the fellow I was with could head in to the store. Otherwise we may have been waiting all day to park. But when he came out he insited i keep going. I didn't do any great lengthy traversing, but i did get o demonstrate my confidence and abilities. It may sound silly, but confidence is a big part o driving down here.

Anyhow,  wanted to get this up before I fall unconscious. I'm so tired I can't see straigh!t

No comments:

Post a Comment