My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little redundant

Up until tonight I was feeling very bittersweet about leaving. And then suddenly...

I now understand why the Brits call getting sacked being made redundant. 

I totally get that now. 

I have never felt more obsoleted in my life. 

It was like the family meeting where you invite crazy aunt Ethel, even though you a) expect her to not contribute and 2) don't consider any crazy dang thing she says even if she does.

I'm not going to lie.

It hurt a little bit.

I think there's nothing I like less in this life than to be completely invalidated without even a kiss on the cheek. I think that sums up most of my year here. 

I will say a few prayers to get my ego in check and hopefully get a good night's sleep and be too busy with hurricane clean up to think about it any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment