My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet Kisses in the Moonlight

So last night I sat in on devotions to give Samanza her birthday present. She was my first birthday girl when I got here over a year ago, and now she is my last birthday gift as I pass the torch to Anachemy and Patty and Jeff. 

So shortly after we finished up and gave the nightly dismissal, "Good night boys and girls, hugs and kisses" the city power went out. What happened next was sweet, surprising, and just what I needed. 

For months now the boys have been very reluctant to show me any signs of affection, especially in front of the older kids. I suspect they have been harasses about it. Unfair, I know, but I catch glimpses of their adoration now and then, so I don't take it personally. 

But the moment the lights went out, I was tackled by an onslaught of excited boys, all of whom covered me in hugs and kisses in the darkness. I laughed and laughed with delight and reveled in my sweet, secret love signs. 

And then the lights went on, and off they went! lol 

Sometimes He knows just what you need and sends it via the most unexpected messengers.

Thank you Lord for providing for all of my needs, even when I don't realize it at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment