My Year in Haiti

My Year in Haiti
It's All About the Children

Friday, June 24, 2011

May 31, 2011

So now I've had my interview with Mitch. He's invited me to fly down with him on June 11 through the 13 to check out the mission and see what the operation looks like. That's great, except I don't have a passport! The heat is on!

I left the restaurant that afternoon and my heart was racing! I couldn't believe that everything I've ever wanted is withing reach! I drove straight to the Bodhi Seed Yoga Studio http://www.bodhiseedyoga.com/  because I knew I needed to ground myself. Otherwise I was afraid I might just float away!

I ran into the owner, Pat Hill, and as I stood there panting, she and I did the happy dance as I related the story to her. Fortunately she has a student that also has a travel agency and was able to refer me to the passport expediters in Troy: http://www.intlexpressservices.com/
For the right price you too can get your passport in less than a week. I had to make a trip out to Lansing to get a valid copy of my birth certificate just in case the copy I had was no good.

So on  June 8th I picked up my passport and was ready for my adventure to begin.

Time to hit the sack, yoga in the morning.

Stay tuned for the continuing adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment